In the "Days of the Dons" in early California history, a Mexican land grant of over 13,000 acres was issued to Don Juan Maria Marron and christened the Rancho Agua Hedionda.
At the heart of the rancho was the old adobe ranch house, the “Old Rancho”. Built in the early 1840’s it was a working ranch for well over a century.
Still standing today, the Old Rancho is a recognized historical site and is located in the geographical center of what is now the City of Carlsbad.
The Old Rancho came into the Kelly family in 1870 and remains a treasured family keystone. This exclusive, one-of-a-kind property sits on over 11 acres of undeveloped land sequestered in a rural haven in the heart of Carlsbad.